Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Luce is no more!

Our favorite Italian place, Carluccio's, has had to close down because it hasn't been able to negotiate a lower rent. This place serves 5000 customers a week and it has to close because the rent is too high. Utterly ridiculous. Property owners in this town have got to start reducing rents or we'll just end up back where we were during the Tiger. Or no restaurants.

The food here was great--the most authentic we've found in Dublin. Their caponata is one of our favorite foods on earth. The market sold high-quality pasta, sauces and other staples, and the torrone, oh the torrone!  I was kicking things in our car park when I got home tonight I'm so mad.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Not just our favorite Italian place. Pretty much the only Italian place I really liked.

mom Gunter said...

Oh! I'm sorry kids! I love good Italian food too!