Tuesday, October 16, 2007

An Afternoon Stroll

I took a stroll to village center this afternoon. I was pleased to be asked for directions for the first time. I didn't know the street of course, and was immediately revealed as American, and lost all respect when I offered my map. We were told recently that Irish folks don't count map reading among their skills, and if directions can't be given by the standard landmarks of churches or pubs, don't even bother!

I took some pictures along the way.

The Station House pub we have visited twice. This is where I will wait for Bill when I don't feel like walking home from the train station.






Semi-detached houses on our street.








Not sure where this leads, but looks worth checking out.











In other news:
  • I've talked with several recruiters, and have been submitted for two positions. We'll see if any interviews materialize.
  • Bill picked up our '96 VW Polo today.

No comments: