Saturday, October 13, 2007

A Walk to Town

We just returned from a walk to the village center. We had lunch and bought groceries for dinner tonight. The village center is about a 10 minute walk from our apartment. About five minutes longer than perfect by my American walking-distance standards, but I'm sure I'll adjust. The village center has a bookstore, grocery, butcher, several chemists/pharmacies, two bookmakers, several pubs and take-away places, and a nice cafe. Several buses go through the village center as well, and the train station is close by.


Bill with our groceries. We remembered to take our reusable bag!










Sharon with the Irish Times (per Jonathan's recommendation). Note that I'm posting a crappy picture of myself because I trust you guys to love me anyway.







Our local ruin.

3 comments:

Ken Rideout said...

Hi guys!!!

I just caught up on all the posts. Sounds like exciting times! Wanted to let you know you have at least one more lurker and occasional commenter out there in cyberspace so keep the posts coming.
Hello from Boston!

BillG said...

Good to hear from you, Budro! I need to check Irene's blog, I haven't done that in awhile. You gonna be in Corsica or anywhere else in Europe anytime soon?

jered said...

Just got the postcard with the updated info and of course the blog. You're part of Jered's (un)official blog reader now. I look forward to following along!